Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scarlett's Letter

I knew I wanted a large "S" in Scarlett's room, so when I found this cardboard/paper mache "S" at Joann's I thought it was perfect.  I had a few ideas of how to embellish it but nothing solid.  THEN...it came to me.  I re-fashioned Scarlett's bedding...well on the guest bed in her room..by adding large rhinestones to the buttons.  It really glammed it up.  That was the perfect inspiration for her letter!  This was a painstaking but worthwhile project - perfect for these cold winter months...because the project took about 12 hours if I remember correctly.  Lots of Netflix to get this done! ;-)

Here's the process: 
1. Paint the letter in a silver metallic craft paint.
2. Hot glue rhinestones on every square inch - I was very anal about fitting them in perfectly, no bare spaces.
3. Add a satin ribbon and it's complete.

I used it as the centerpiece for her bday party and now it hangs above the guest bed in her room.

Total cost was under $12.  $8 for the letter, I already had the bag of rhinestones.  I paid $10 for them I believe, BUT I didn't use all of them on this project - easily have over half the bag left.




I'd like to add a blk/wht photo on canvas on either side of the "S". I still need to finish the boxes on her shelf - adding scrapbook paper to them. Overall, I just love her room - it is the perfect pink. I'll have to do a complete post with pics of her crib bedding and curtains that I made too.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah, Beautiful rooms and great ideas. Thanks for sharing with us out in internet land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is stinking cute! But I was so confused because it was such a departure from your normal style. I've just never thought of you as a person who would really like that much bling, you know?

    I crack myself up. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!