Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Playroom

This is our playroom.  I absolutely love how it turned out.  No, it's not perfect..could use some curtains but nevermind that, I love it!  Here's how it went down...
First of all, I can't take credit for the scrapbook paper idea.  I saw it years ago on a blog...before Pinterest darn it and now I can't find that blog. (if anyone knows, please message it to me so I can give them credit.)  Anyway, I bought two packs of this beautiful scrapbook paper at Joann's (on sale of course) - cost $20.  I then purchased glue dots - you read that right.  However, I QUICKLY learned that glue dots are not strong enough - word to the wise, use ZOTS brand glue dots, also at Joann's.  I used seven dots per sheet, one in each corner, one in the middle of two sides, and one in the very center.  They are holding up quite nicely.

Something you should know about me is that I am NOT a perfectionist.  I prefer to "eyeball" my projects which drives Darin insane - he's an Orthodontist so it should. ;-)  I didn't even mention this project to him.  He came home from work one day and three rows were done.  He squirmed when I told him I didn't measure anything but he let me run with it.  If you look closely (I'm sure you won't, right???) you'll see that it's not perfect in an OCD kind-of-way...BUT it's perfect for us.  This room is in our basement (walk-out, hence the windows) and it's right across from my sewing area.  We spend lots of time here.

I added the Chinese lanterns from Christmas Tree Shoppes - I paid $5 for all of them.





See...needs curtains.  Those bins are from Wal-Mart and are a great way to store toys.  The kids can quickly throw everything in...as you can see in the picture.
On the wall opposite from the windows is this bookshelf..our books are hammered!

Darin and I just finished the big girls' room and I can't wait to show you the pictures soon!

8 comments:

  1. Love all the posts! Don't know where you find time for all the fun things you make. I need to learn to be more productive with my time I guess. These days I am doing a lot of snuggling with the cutest baby I know, so not getting a lot of projects done. Wish I could just walk across the street to see yours though! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I assume that by you posting this you're giving us all permission to copy you, right? ;) Hopefully I'll find some cute paper on sale so I can do this in our den or in the girls room. Thanks for sharing!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute sarah!! i wondered if it was scrapbook paper, such a cheap and cute idea. love all your ideas and craft blog. sure miss you guys. =) love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea! I too am not a perfectionist with crafts and such, I always thought that's why I couldn't be a sewer but you are a sewer. hmm, now you got me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I totally want to copy but don't know where...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Love it! Love it! Totally want to do this... Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the decorating bomb! And I laughed so hard about it not being perfect in an ocd kind of way because we are just alike, and our husbands are just alike!!! Come and do my house, please???

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I've actually bought that paper and have used it in a few crafts...great minds think alike! :-) So impressed--what a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!