Friday, August 23, 2013

The Modesty-Police Approved Swimsuit

I have talked to my girls about being modest in the way they dress from a pretty early age.  I think we all have different takes on what is "modest"...this is not a judgment post! One of our rules is that we don't wear bikinis or tankinis that show tummies. While swimsuits are meant to keep cool, I also feel better when I don't have to tug to keep things up.

Last Labor Day as we were planning a trip to Destin Beach (it's a terrible beach DO NOT GO THERE. DO NOT LOOK IT UP, THE PICTURES ARE LIES. IF YOUR FRIENDS TELL YOU TO GO THERE, DON'T BELIEVE THEM.) (some places are meant to be kept secret!) Anyway, the last time I wore my white swimsuit my daughters told me it definitely was not modest.  I tried not to laugh and asked them why not.  They said it came down too low in the front and so I thought I'd better practice what I preach.  I pulled that baby out and got to stitching really fast for my trip!

I purchased white swimsuit fabric and added a "modesty piece" and then added a ruffle to give it a little more style.  I love a white swimsuit and truly I love this one even more now with the changes!  Sorry for the lack of before pictures.  Just imagine that there were two triangles of fabric prior to the changes. ;-)

PS - the swimsuit was originally well over $100 but I got it at a warehouse sale in Columbus for $4. Winning. :-)




1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!